PRN CHILDCARE WORKER
Supervisor: Children's Program Director
Location: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Living Program and Outreach Office
Hours: On an as needed basis to cover for childcare at Residential and Outreach locations. Schedule flexibility and the ability to work with little notice are required for this position. (Hours of operation: 7:00am-9:00pm)
- Provide nurturing, compassionate, educational and supportive care to children
- Help to ensure the children’s daily needs are met while in care such as feeding, diapering, assessing health needs, emotional support and play
- Serve as an advocate to all children who enter the program by assessing their physical, social and mental needs
- Plan and facilitate activities for children of all ages
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the playroom and other areas and ensuring areas are stocked appropriately at all times
- Ensure the playroom setting is warm, comfortable and inviting for the families. Keep up with seasonal décor and ensure the setting is visually appealing and stimulating for the children.
- Report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to DFPS as specified in the Texas Family Code
- Carry out other necessary duties in other departments/areas as needed when the census of children is low: assisting with phones, front office support, assisting the Voluntariado Coordinator, donations, special events, Madrinas program, etc.
- Make recommendations on improving and strengthening the children’s program to better meet the needs of the clients.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Child and Adolescent Program
- Attend training as necessary to maintain accurate and adequate knowledge in the field of childcare and domestic violence
- Attend supervision with Children’s Program Director regularly
- Develop knowledgeable overview of agency’s operation and various programs and how they work together
- Related experience preferred to include work with children in a daycare or other child related setting.
- Some knowledge of domestic violence is preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
- Must consent to a Criminal Background check
- Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are made. Current CPR Certification/First Aid certification required
- Ability to routinely lift children (up to 35 pounds), move furniture in an early childhood classroom and sustain long hours of active work (mostly on your feet)Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch and sit on the floor to engage with children
Qualified individuals please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.